Monday 27 November 2017

Another Outing for Maurice

Here is another belated post from over 12 months ago.  This time it's some photos from a 15mm Marlburian game using the Maurice rules from Sam Mustafa.

A friend of mine had expressed an interest in trying out the rules and I was happy to oblige if only to get my toys back to the table (I'm in the process of expanding that collection right now from what you see here).

This was a simple engagement with the Allies holding a village on their right and the French, commanded by me, advancing to try to take it from them.

Anyway here are some pictures of the game:














8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I've updated the post with larger photos - thanks for pointing it out!

      Delete
  2. Nice little battle
    My Marlburians are still in their "silver state"
    Lovely collection
    The more I know about this period the more fascinating it becomes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You need to get some paint on them! It is a fascinating period indeed.

      Delete
  3. A beautiful battlefield, and some fantastic lines of battle...

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Maurice" another set of rules?
    Yes plan to work on the Malburian in the New Year

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sam Mustafa’s 18th Century Rules - great for two players - I have done a couple of previous posts on games using them. Look forward to that!

      Delete